Saturday, October 25, 2008

To Tanjung Malim for 2nd UPSI Chess Open Tournament

Just crossed the river arriving in Perak.

This morning at around 8:45 am my children and I are driving to Tanjung Malim, 75 kilometer away from home. The reason of our journey is to participate in the 2nd UPSI Chess Open. Actually Tanjung Malim is located in the border of Selangor and Perak. Therefore, the town is divided into two separated by a river. UPSI is a university, being promoted from a college few years back. Actually, it is an old instituition where many teachers have been produced since few decades ago. 
The turnament is a 7-round 45-minute time control. Today, there will be 3 rounds, while the other four will be tomorrow. In the first round, I play white on table #32. I won when my opponent did not show up. Both my kids also won their respective games.  There are 80 participants in Open category and 39 others in school category.


No comments: